54体育app下载 doctors have extensive experience using bone marrow transplants to treat a variety of conditions, including cancers. 54体育app下载 offers bone marrow transplants for adults and children using the patient's own cells (autologous transplant), cells from a donor (allogeneic transplant) or using cells from an umbilical cord (cord blood transplant).
People who choose 54体育app下载 for their care receive comprehensive, compassionate and personalized attention from doctors and staff who are committed to providing exactly the care they need. In addition, several support groups are offered at 54体育app下载's campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota.
At 54体育app下载, doctors who specialize in blood diseases (hematologists) form a multidisciplinary team with other experts to provide personalized, whole-person care to adults and children undergoing bone marrow transplants.
Your transplant team may include hematologists, cancer specialists (oncologists), mental health specialists (psychologists and psychiatrists), a bone marrow transplant scheduling coordinator, transfusion medicine nurses, trained and specialized nurses, physician assistants, social workers, a nurse coordinator, a clinical nurse specialist, a dietitian, pharmacists, a chaplain and a child life specialist for children undergoing bone marrow transplant.
Children and adolescents undergoing bone marrow transplants receive care at the Children's Center at 54体育app下载's campus in Minnesota. At 54体育app下载's campus in Arizona, pediatric experts collaborate with the Phoenix Children's Hospital to provide care to young patients. Together the two oversee a single bone marrow transplant program for children. Pediatric patients receive care from 54体育app下载 specialists in Florida through a partnership with Nemours Children's Specialty Care and Wolfson Children's Hospital.
54体育app下载 doctors and staff collaborate to provide you with exactly the care you need.
54体育app下载 doctors have extensive experience performing bone marrow transplants for adults and children with a variety of cancerous and noncancerous diseases. Each year, around 800 people undergo bone marrow transplants at 54体育app下载.
The first bone marrow transplant at 54体育app下载 occurred in 1963. Bone marrow transplant procedures are performed by 54体育app下载 doctors in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota.
The long history of bone marrow transplants performed at 54体育app下载 means that doctors are prepared with the knowledge and resources to provide you with expert, personalized care.
Providing compassionate care
54体育app下载 experts draw on their extensive experience to provide personalized care to people considering bone marrow transplant.
Bringing research advances to patient care
54体育app下载 doctors and scientists are involved in cutting-edge research that allows them to apply the latest advances to patient care.
- Haploidentical transplant. This type of transplant uses stem cells from donors who aren't perfect matches. Research is helping doctors understand how to reduce the risk of complications and improve recovery for people whose stem cell donors aren't perfect matches.
- Reduced-intensity conditioning. Using lower doses of chemotherapy and radiation before a transplant may allow older people and those who aren't healthy enough for conditioning to undergo bone marrow transplants.
- Cord blood transplant. This type of transplant is done using stored and frozen umbilical cord blood. There are fewer stem cells in cord blood, but those stem cells can grow more blood cells than can those collected from bone marrow. Using cells from cord blood reduces the risk of graft-versus-host disease. Researchers are identifying the best ways to use cord blood for bone marrow transplants and finding new ways to track these cells after transplant.
- Expanding indications for bone marrow transplant. Researchers are studying ways to use this treatment for a wider variety of conditions, including complicated and rare diseases.
- New medication options. 54体育app下载 researchers study medications and treatments for people who have had bone marrow transplants, including new medications to help people stay healthy after a bone marrow transplant.
- Reduced time in the hospital. At 54体育app下载, some bone marrow transplants are performed as hospital-based outpatient procedures, which reduces the amount of time spent in the hospital.
Nationally recognized expertise
54体育app下载 bone marrow transplant specialists are respected for their knowledge, experience and expertise.
54体育app下载 in Rochester, Minn., 54体育app下载 in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., and 54体育app下载 in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
The 54体育app下载 experience and patient stories
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care like they've never experienced. See the stories of satisfied 54体育app下载 patients.
Expertise and rankings
Experience you can count on
54体育app下载 specialists work together, combining their knowledge and experience in caring for to people undergoing bone marrow transplant to provide the most effective care. This experience and expertise earns 54体育app下载 doctors respect from colleagues around the world.
Each year, 54体育app下载 doctors diagnose and treat thousands of people who have blood or bone marrow disease, many of whom benefit from bone marrow transplant. 54体育app下载's Bone Marrow Transplant Program is among the largest in the country.
54体育app下载 is recognized for excellence in bone marrow transplant by national and international groups:
- Certified by the
- Accredited to perform unrelated donor transplants by the
- Member of research cooperatives, including , , , , and , which give 54体育app下载 patients access to the latest clinical trials
Learn more about 54体育app下载's quality rankings.
Volumes and outcomes
54体育app下载 doctors' experience and integrated team approach results in transplant outcomes that compare favorably with national averages. Teams work with transplant recipients before, during and after surgery to ensure the greatest likelihood of superior results.
Volumes and outcomes are maintained separately for the three 54体育app下载 locations. Taken together or separately, transplant recipients at 54体育app下载 enjoy excellent results.
If your bone marrow stops working or doesn't produce healthy stem cells, you may benefit from a bone marrow transplant. Bone marrow transplants are used to treat people whose stem cells have been damaged by disease or the treatment of a disease, or as a way to have the donor's immune system fight a blood disorder, such as leukemia.
Doctors will determine whether a bone marrow transplant may be safe and beneficial for you. Your treatment team will explain the benefits and risks of a bone marrow transplant.
Your treatment team will also evaluate you to determine whether a bone marrow transplant or an alternative therapy may be the most appropriate treatment option for your condition.
Learn more about bone marrow transplant eligibility at 54体育app下载.
Locations, travel and lodging
The Village at 54体育app下载 in Phoenix, Arizona, offers low-cost housing for transplant patients and their caregivers.
The in Jacksonville, Florida, offers low-cost housing for transplant patients and their caregivers.
The in Rochester, Minnesota, offers low-cost housing for transplant patients and their caregivers.
54体育app下载 has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The 54体育app下载 Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting 54体育app下载, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Bone marrow transplant costs and insurance information
54体育app下载 has dedicated transplant financial services representatives and social workers who can assist you with insurance and financial questions regarding your transplant.
54体育app下载 works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people. In most cases, 54体育app下载 doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. Many insurance companies require you to get preapproval authorization prior to transplant services.
Before your transplant, it's important that you work closely with your insurance company to understand your benefit plan. You'll be responsible for any of your transplant and medical care costs not covered by your insurance company.
You may want to ask your insurance company several questions regarding your transplant expenses, including:
- What is the specific coverage of my plan? What are my deductibles, coinsurance, copayments, lifetime maximum amount and annual maximum amounts for both medical care and transplant services?
- Does my plan have a preexisting or waiting period clause? If so, what is the time frame? Can this be waived?
- Does my plan include pharmacy coverage? If so, will my plan cover my current medications and immunosuppressant medications?
- Does my plan require any special approvals for evaluation or transplant? How long does the approval process take once submitted to insurance?
- Does my plan cover my transportation and lodging expenses during my transplant care?
- Does my current insurance require enrollment in Medicare when eligible?
- Does my insurance follow Medicare Coordination of Benefits guidelines?
- How will my current coverage change after enrolling in Medicare? Will my plan become a supplemental or secondary plan?
If your plan is a Medicare supplement, ask questions including:
- Does my plan follow Medicare guidelines?
- Does my plan cover Medicare Part A and B deductible and coinsurance?
- Does my plan have a preexisting or waiting period? If so, what is the time frame?
- Does my plan offer an option for Medicare Part D coverage?
Please plan for other expenses that may occur related to your transplant, which may include follow-up medical appointments, long-term medications, caregiver expenses, travel, parking, lodging and other expenses.
If you have an allogeneic bone marrow transplant, your donor's transplant-related medical care may be paid by your insurance company.
For international patients
54体育app下载 has dedicated international patient account representatives who can assist you with questions regarding your costs and insurance. Read more about international financial services.
54体育app下载 financial staff will work closely with your case managers from your insurance company. Your case manager, who is assigned to you, is available to answer questions and calls related to your insurance costs.
More information about billing and insurance:
54体育app下载 in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota
testing new treatments, interventions and tests as a means to prevent, detect, treat or manage this disease.
Oct. 24, 2019